Thursday, January 25, 2007

Time is moving too fast!

Everything involving an animated film goes slow, very slow... The puppets' heads are almost finished, facial masks included. But the bodies are not what they have to be, yet. The Dragon Skin silicone is, as they promised me, a magical product. You really can't compare it with regular silicones. But moulding is one of the most difficult parts of production, I've made 20 or so for this film, and every mould is different. As you can see below my moulds aren't very good looking, but hey, they work! Time is just constantly working against me...











Here I was painting the inside of the moulds with Psycho-Paint, the product to colour the Dragon skin. When the complete "skin" of the bodypart is cured I fill it up with Dragon Skin (and include the armature) and the mould is being pressed close for six hours.
















Adam's room prior to adding the wallpaper.
















This Bambi-like figure will be placed on a big spring on the floor of the playground. It's based on a picture with my girlfriend sitting on it when she was a little girl.


















On Adam's little bed lies... a little Ugly Doll. It's details like that that make Stop Motion look nice.

So, today I'm going to make the animatic for the film. I'm going to photograph the puppets on the sets, posing them to get a clear view of what the film will look like. Tomorrow I'll have the first version of the film that way. The production is moving faster then ever now.

See Ya!

1 comment:

jriggity said...

SWEET! cant wait to see the animatic. I too am creating animatics right now for my film .

lookin forward to seein them.

jriggity